Multi-Skilled Facilities Maintenance EngineerApply
Closing date: 08 Oct 2023
Reference number: SV/A1196
Salary: From £35,000 annum, depending on experience. Plus payment for any additional hours worked over the 37 hour standard week
Working hours: 37 hours per week, Monday-Friday plus occasional working out-of-hours
ABOUT THE JOB
If you like a varied and challenging role, with the opportunity to make a real difference to the efficiency and effectiveness of our facilities, this role is ideal for you.
We are recruiting a Multi-Skilled Facilities Maintenance Engineer to keep our facilities operational and up to date. This will call on many skills, a hands-on approach and a can-do attitude.
As Facilities Maintenance Engineer, your key duties include:
• Maintaining plant, equipment and implementing preventive maintenance schedules, ensuring compliance with regulatory testing requirements.
• Ensuring equipment remains reliable by carrying out regular inspections to find faults and potential issues, fixing faults or utilising contractors, as appropriate.
• Responding immediately to critical equipment breakdowns, including attending sites occasionally out-of-hours.
• Carrying out minor works (including electrical works), and workplace improvements, such as installing office and laboratory fittings and equipment, painting and decorating.
• Sourcing contractors and ensuring work carried out by them is completed on time and to the required standard.
• Managing facilities projects to agreed timelines e.g. small works, department moves.
• Identifying opportunities for improvement regarding facilities provision e.g. cost effective maintenance schedules and contractor usage
• Contributing to improving company health and safety compliance.
The role is based between our Cambridge sites at Lawrence Weaver Road CB3 0LE and Park Farm, Histon CB24 9NZ. You will travel between these sites on a regular basis – transport can be provided.
Informal enquiries are welcome, please contact Mark Leaman, Director of Resource Management, [email protected] 07885138613.
Benefits include 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays and 3 days off during the Christmas period, flexible working, generous sick pay, attractive pension scheme, income protection, life assurance, employee discount scheme, cycle to work scheme and free on-site parking.
Ideally you have:
• Level 3 or 4 relevant vocational qualifications or equivalent level of practical experience
• Level 3 Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition) qualification or equivalent
• Qualification in electrical connection and testing qualification such as City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills especially in electrical, plumbing and Building Management Systems
• Experience of small works project management
• Working in an organisation carrying out and overseeing building and equipment maintenance
Ideally you will also:
• Have experience of building technology systems such as Priva and building access control systems such as Paxton.
• Have experience in managing customer expectations
• Be proactive and self-motivated
• Available to respond quickly to occasional emergencies out of hours, including weekends
• Hold a valid driving licence
See full Job Description on our website for more details.
NIAB's established state-of-the-art facilities at its two Cambridge sites host molecular biology and plant growth facilities, including extensive glasshouses and containment units for genetically modified plant trials and over 250 hectares of commercial cropping and field trials. Our HQ site includes the Crop Science Centre, a collaboration between NIAB and the University of Cambridge, with a mission to deliver food in a sustainable way.
Cambridge Headquarters site https://www.niab.com/about/locations/cambridge
Cambridge Park Farm site https://www.niab.com/about/locations/park-farm
NIAB actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society. As a Disability Confident Employer we have a positive approach to employing people living with a disability.
Click APPLY to upload your CV and a covering letter. In your letter please confirm your availability for occasional out-of-hours work. Please quote the Reference number given above. Any questions? Email [email protected] or call Human Resources on 01223 342282. Apply soon as we may shortlist prior to the closing date.