The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: If you know your social media, r great @ photos & videos & love ag shows we need a comms assistant at NIAB http://t.co/1Y0GIh36Co
- @NIABTAG: This week's Orson's Oracle makes a frank assessment of the hopes & fears of #blackgrass control http://t.co/ePChbM6oQ3
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle! Weeds, pests & diseases in a changing climate; is now the time for spring cereals? http://t.co/rbXVc2dw2V
- @NIABTAG: NIAB has a vacancy for a sales manager http://t.co/7pMuv7BFfV
- @NIABTAG: Network Agronomy Update 2day; OSR sowing date, pyrethroid resistant CSFB, pre/early postem OSR weed control, EFAs & options 4 cover crops
- @NIABTAG: #NIABTAG Onion Field Demo today in Essex with @basnapier - bring your wellies
- @NIABTAG: NIAB's @IanMidgley visited St Albans' Sandridgebury Farm 4 @ADASGroup #YEN: JB Diego @ 10t/ha for Jamie Burrows http://t.co/LVCft2UUGe
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle: economic crop production & then #blackgrass came along http://t.co/YBbPPyqoeQ
- @NIABTAG: NIAB appoints new OSTS chief officer & UKCPVS manager/cereal pathologist http://t.co/umvFnG9pCR
- @NIABTAG: #ukpcvs confirms Warrior-type #yellowrust was dominant this season but no new races http://t.co/v8eShDxfNL
- @NIABTAG: Network Strategies 1 now available on members website: advice on est'ment & autumn agronomy of osr & beans + drilling prep for cereals
- @NIABTAG: Second day of filming training presentations for @ATP_PASTURE online training modules
- @NIABTAG: 1st prov set of WOSR Network variety trials out today. Cambs site with Charger at 111%, range 85-111% & site mean of 4.32 t.ha
News and Events
- NEWS: New appointments at NIAB for OSTS Chief Officer and Cereal Pathologist
- UKCPVS NEWS: Yellow rust pressure brings record sample numbers to UKCPVS
- INDUSTRY NEWS: Agri-tech to improve wheat production sustainably
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Hope versus fear
22/08/2014 by Jim Orson
" I read recently, possibly in the Farmer’s Weekly, that a Scottish farmer said their Independence Referendum is a choice between hope and fear. Thinking about it, I suppose it was always going to be so. The ‘yes’ campaign is bound to be espousing their hopes for ... "