Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG's Bill Clark out with @FarmersWeekly #DiseaseForce team in Kent. Yellow rust in Cordiale. T1 sprays urgent… https://t.co/JSkH34R2x7
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson suggests an alternative approach to protecting water ecosystems from spray drift https://t.co/YWhU3lLvTn https://t.co/sJGVpaqn4B
- @NIABTAG: Register now for the OSR open evening at Callow on 30th May - all welcome. https://t.co/PSoyvte7p8 https://t.co/os4GvPznmD
- @NIABTAG: Great day in Suffolk at #schoolfarmfair getting children excited about plant science and agriculture! https://t.co/HFRLbweXZh
- @NIABTAG: We need a motivated Sales Ledger Controller to join our busy NIAB finance team in Cambridge. For details & to apply… https://t.co/UdKIo4GT9F
- @NIABTAG: #yellowrust on Costello, KWS Crispin, Siskin & Silverstone, Evolution, Crusoe or RGT Illustrious? Contact us pls!… https://t.co/0XiC9T5uFV
- @NIABTAG: We need a talented post-doc geneticist to work on a BBSRC-funded project investigating the wheat pan-genome. Apply:… https://t.co/zi3wTlg3t4
- @NIABTAG: We're hiring! Apply now for our IT Support Engineer (HPC) role https://t.co/bIsMBMGS2a https://t.co/SS11vx0Zuq
News and Events
- NEWS: Check for yellow rust on all wheat varieties
- NEWS: East Malling to host global Horticulture Research Conference
- NEWS: Yellow rust survey marks 50 golden years of research at NIAB
- INDUSTRY NEWS: NIAB scientist takes his research to Parliament
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2017.
Where are the dead fish?
21/04/2017 by Jim Orson
" I recently attended a workshop on aquatic buffer zones. Some contributions indicated that they may not yet be sufficiently wide. There are two possible reasons for this. Firstly, it was suggested that spray drift could be far higher than that indicated by the models currently use... "