The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: NIAB’s Dr Clare Butler Ellis on the future of Pesticide application @AgriTechEast 14/05 Pollinator event http://t.co/WDDDpImQIy
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG’s Ron Stobart to talk on Cultivations & cover crops to improve soil quality at the 29/04 CCA Soil, Water & Precision Mgmt Event
- @NIABTAG: We've got loads to see & do on our stand @CerealsEvent 2015 http://t.co/FSF2oc3Ote. Come along and talk to us http://t.co/qbwLKJU23f
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Callow, Hereford, Open Day 14 May @ 2pm. WOSR vars & agronomy. Book a place http://t.co/Hk8bkFBjP8 http://t.co/t78ZRBfV6s
- @NIABTAG: NIAB has enjoyed Royal support from its foundation & is proud that HMQ is patron. Happy Birthday #QueenElizabeth http://t.co/x9GQz5OuHu
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle questions what is behind recent reports that glyphosate causes cancer? http://t.co/xAAdS2sPAO http://t.co/9AFftUCeUN
- @NIABTAG: Informative seminar at NIAB today ‘Speeding up Plant Breeding’ by Prof Thomas Lübberstedt http://t.co/cR2JBQckpq http://t.co/B4GI0s3Wm9
- @NIABTAG: ‘Superwheat’ ears emerging mid-Apr. Early sown nursery showing 1% of plots heading already http://t.co/CcvsPs0FXr
- @NIABTAG: Network Agronomy Update 2day: OSR CSFB, sclerotinia, LLS & winter cereals N, growth regs, late BLWs, wwt L3 sprays, woats disease & pulses
News and Events
- NEWS: NIAB TAG at Cereals 2015. Farming in 2020 – are you ready?
- INDUSTRY NEWS: Scientists transfer pathogen-sensing ‘antenna’ gene to wheat
- NEWS: Increasingly diverse UK cereal rust populations need close monitoring, says UKCPVS
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Roundup causing cancer?
20/04/2015 by Jim Orson
" In late March, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) announced that glyphosate would be added to its list of agents that are “probably carcinogenic to humans”. The IARC is an agency within the World Health Organization so the announcement ha... "