Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: VACANCIES: Glasshouse Specialist, Trials Officer, Trials Assistant (Ornamental Trials) https://t.co/h95zBxr34X
- @NIABTAG: VACANCIES: Post-Doc Researchers in Bioinformatics (2 contract roles). Working on cassava & wheat genetic diversity https://t.co/h95zBxr34X
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson’s latest blog: The real organic revolution. https://t.co/yMV9J6xbwo
- @NIABTAG: Interested in becoming a registered cereal crop inspector? Also relevant for the trade, agronomists & seed growers… https://t.co/Bktq1QZdiR
- @NIABTAG: STAR Project: looking at cultivation & rotation systems & sustainable arable production. PDF avail.… https://t.co/3b3QqZoHAT
- @NIABTAG: BOOK NOW: NIAB TAG Outlook Conference 2017 on 22/02 in Durham. Speakers include Sir Peter Kendall.… https://t.co/7AlLk8ZGT5
- @NIABTAG: Cereals Crop Inspectors Course - Intensive training provided by experts in cereal variety ID. 20-23 Feb, Cambs… https://t.co/WeCp621b3Y
- @NIABTAG: A wintry view of the NIAB TAG @CerealsEvent site in Lincs #SnowWatch https://t.co/4kHNu2AQTb
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: Soils & Farming Systems Technician. Based at Morley. Apply by 25/01/17. https://t.co/lLeyMTUJXZ
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson's latest blog: How to get high wheat yields with nitrogen https://t.co/G3TLVLr48e https://t.co/Q9smwKEVxH
- @NIABTAG: NEWS: Disease tolerant genes renew hope for UK ash trees @mcaccamo https://t.co/0NzWs5y2wk
News and Events
- EVENT: NIAB is back on the CPVO's stand at IPM 2017 in Germany
- NEWS: Disease tolerant genes renew hope for UK ash trees
- AHDB NEWS: Cover crops: Pros, cons and agronomic considerations uncovered by review
- NEWS: Biologists unlock 51.7 million-year-old genetic secret to landmark Darwin theory
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2017.
The real organic revolution
20/01/2017 by Jim Orson
" In 1943 the then Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries introduced an Approvals Scheme for proprietary insecticides and fungicides in certain chemical groups. This voluntary scheme was for efficacy only and the approved products had a logo on the label indicating that it did what ... "