The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG’s Bill Clark shares his views on the new Wheat Disease ID free e-learning course http://t.co/DBsiAVDEf9 http://t.co/zBpx2YRrK2
- @NIABTAG: Following plant science panel success. Check out @senseaboutsci live energy Q&A on 22/12 http://t.co/65d9Bi7oII
- @NIABTAG: #niabcup winners @poppydep3 & Elwyn Thomas from @RoyalAgUni with the NIAB @CWFonline Agronomy Cup http://t.co/62CkvstyZS
- @NIABTAG: RT @Jon_Birchall: Probably no surprises here but useful nevertheless http://t.co/rQG2Wo63dq from #niabtag Network trials #blackgrass
- @NIABTAG: Congratulations to @RoyalAgUni's Team B Poppy, Elice, Matt & Elwyn, winners of the 2014 NIAB @CWFagri Agronomy Cup http://t.co/vGAoVg2PJV
- @NIABTAG: RT @ARTIStraining: From your tractor 2 your sofa, ARTIS e-learning gives you total flexibility http://t.co/oO6hb99yVr http://t.co/YHhTS2ZvhK
- @NIABTAG: Congrats to @CWFagri agronomists team, captained by Toby Kellie, coming 2nd in the NIAB Agronomy Cup #niabcup. Winners announced 2morrow
- @NIABTAG: A great day yesterday at #AgConf14. If you didn't make it to our UKCPVS stand, more info here http://t.co/gWYhVnV3AZ http://t.co/ST140v0Rj8
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG’s Bill Clark comments on the importance of fungicide resistance management following Farmers Weekly survey http://t.co/0gQSxxaT0Z
- @NIABTAG: Final two left with second place announced tomorrow and the winners on Thursday #niabcup @CWFagri
- @NIABTAG: We're down to the Top 3 in 2014 NIAB @CWFagri Agronomy Cup. 3rd place goes to @HarperAdamsUni Team A. Congrats to everyone involved
- @NIABTAG: 4th place in NIAB @CWFagri Agronomy Cup goes to @moultoncollege Team A #niabcup. Pic shows Team A & B at Cambridge http://t.co/HWYC6Vid7U
- @NIABTAG: 2013 winners but 5th in the 2014 niab @CWFagri Agronomy Cup - well done @EastonOtley Team A #niabcup http://t.co/SIe9dXVwDY
- @NIABTAG: A little later than planned but congrats to @unilincoln agri team, 6th in the 2014 NIAB @CWFagri Agronomy Cup. 5-3 coming next
- @NIABTAG: All set for @HGCA_tweet #AgConf14 Come & meet our team at the UKCPVS stand tomorrow! http://t.co/gWYhVnV3AZ http://t.co/apypgJEikI
News and Events
- NEWS: New online wheat disease ID training from ARTIS
- NEWS: NIAB superwheat expertise to aid India wheat breeding
- UKCPVS NEWS: Early yellow rust expected, but no need to panic
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Hazard – EU decision making
04/12/2014 by Jim Orson
" The Pope has had a little dig at the EU institutions suggesting that they have lost their way and that they view the member states “with aloofness, mistrust and even, at times, suspicion.” Pretty tough talk and perhaps the Pope is the only person who could prof... "