The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Vacancies at NIAB-EMR. Info & application forms can be found on the EMR website https://t.co/XZYRQ748ei @EMRComms https://t.co/aZmbbQeqtB
- @NIABTAG: Book your place now at MonoGram 2016 12-14 April @MonogramUK #plantscience #monogram16 https://t.co/RINxAhxj4j https://t.co/Q24Pm2KL7l
- @NIABTAG: ‘Kranich’ yellow rust race detected in the UK for the first time https://t.co/DADTsUtkDx https://t.co/UBioNSs6PV
- @NIABTAG: Vacancies: NIAB needs two Seed Analysts. (1) Full-time, permanent. (2) Maternity cover, 6 months in 1st instance https://t.co/0jQstV97pm
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: Bioinformatics Researcher (3 year fixed term contract). Apply by 8 March https://t.co/zlDY5dppiW https://t.co/ZZvK0TvrxV
- @NIABTAG: 18 exhibits at NIAB Poster Day. Colleagues learning about Biochemistry, Pathology & trials work with UAVs. https://t.co/zl5jAEAj24
- @NIABTAG: Sharing what we do with colleagues and guests at NIAB Poster Day 2016 https://t.co/JX2fZL1GJ7
- @NIABTAG: East Malling Research @EMRComms has become part of the NIAB Group #NIABEMR https://t.co/03wJrxEtNf https://t.co/6LGxfQFYbg
News and Events
- AHDB NEWS: New yellow rust race detected
- NEWS: Boost for UK crop science as NIAB and EMR join forces
- EVENT: NIAB is back on the CPVO's stand at IPM 2016 in Germany
- NEWS: Newcastle University win 2015 NIAB Agronomy Cup
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Maximum yields versus margins?
05/02/2016 by Jim Orson
" I have just read a very interesting article in Landmark, the NIAB TAG membership magazine. The title is ‘The economic margin; farmers maximising yields but not financial returns’. It is compiled by the Rural Business Unit of the Department of Land Economy, University ... "