The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: We're welcoming David Willetts & Sir Jim Paice today, showcasing NIAB's #plantscienceintopractice plus the work of @InnovationFarm1
- @NIABTAG: NIAB's Sue Mann & @IanMidgley at Noon Folly Farm with @MoultonCollege students on inputs for @CWFagri #niabcup http://t.co/DfBbyJcCUJ
- @NIABTAG: Cambridge trials team has been busy uncovering trials with heaps of netting all across the farm #bluesky #spring http://t.co/BUNTpbU6zC
- @NIABTAG: Looking forward to seeing all at @HGCA_tweet #UKCPVS meeting t'row at our Sophi Taylor Building http://t.co/I2lBIxRrmO
- @NIABTAG: Our lovely #superwheat iconic object for @BBSRC Innovator of the Year comp has just arrived from @PodiumDesigns http://t.co/RQ5FYCefIs
- @NIABTAG: Reminder to all #niabcup teams; 1st recommendations due by Friday 14th March. Fertiliser, PGR, T0 & T1 http://t.co/QTb1j1gnww @CWFagri
- @NIABTAG: Blue sky day at the @CerealsEvent site, checking readiness for spring drilling with a couple of visitors http://t.co/HiznvYyLAQ
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle considers how farming changes & adapts http://t.co/if9ZAb7Yzn
- @NIABTAG: NIAB's Dr Phil Howell on @BBCFarmingToday this morning talking superwheat http://t.co/7jL5dk4ZFr (6m20s in)
- @NIABTAG: #niab crops & agronomy director Stuart Knight is speaking at #nfu14 now - crop applied research & translation onto farm
- @NIABTAG: NIAB's superwheat research featured in @EDP24 http://t.co/RsIZgwwtwE
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle highlights the importance of CV% in crop trials before translating results to on-farm advice http://t.co/rEa3MATLoB
News and Events
- NEWS: First Agri-tech Cluster Director announced
- NEWS: NIAB ‘superwheat’ is finalist in national innovation award
- PHOTO: Easton & Otley College celebrate Countrywide NIAB Agronomy Cup win
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
27/02/2014 by Jim Orson
" Last week I went to the Defra offices in London for a meeting. Whilst walking to Cambridge railway station I was reminded of the changes that have occurred on that route over the past thirty years. Halfway to the station I passed the former site of a large and extensive Ministry ... "