The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: ‘Superwheat’ ears emerging mid-Apr. Early sown nursery showing 1% of plots heading already http://t.co/CcvsPs0FXr
- @NIABTAG: Network Agronomy Update 2day: OSR CSFB, sclerotinia, LLS & winter cereals N, growth regs, late BLWs, wwt L3 sprays, woats disease & pulses
- @NIABTAG: 3 key problems with arable farming – and how to fix them. Comment by Bill Clark in Farmers Weekly http://t.co/qScrt00rBW
- @NIABTAG: Thanks @AgriTechEast for the #HasseFen tweet. Our followers can find out more here http://t.co/mVEKVTNNMo https://t.co/piHHpsq1tT
- @NIABTAG: The @BBCLookEast weather team, with @sarathornton1, has arrived @ NIAB Cambridge for tonite's 6.50pm live report http://t.co/GI6IrpPNIp
- @NIABTAG: Photos from today's Licensed Seed Samplers Course, run by NIAB on behalf of APHA http://t.co/lG4JRA7gB8 http://t.co/iwjfd4pQZk
- @NIABTAG: Check out the @BBCLookEast weather forecast at 6.50pm tonight - coming live from NIAB's Park Farm site. Looking forward to meeting the team
- @NIABTAG: Callow Open Day 14/05. WOSR variety demo, WOSR & WW agronomic issues discussed http://t.co/6R3Si3BFXA http://t.co/aIBzezVQbp
- @NIABTAG: Come and join us at one of our Summer Events. Registration is now open https://t.co/AaMWwh58CR http://t.co/bOlj9mfIIx
- @NIABTAG: The latest issue of NIAB Landmark + our Variety Interactions Handbook arriving with members this weekend
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle on why better technologies are needed to increase wheat yields http://t.co/kQurnVfjgO http://t.co/5LhCh7Q3tt
- @NIABTAG: We're looking for a Molecular Diagnostician. Closing date for applications is 8 May 2015 http://t.co/Wgmgt0SxAX
News and Events
- NEWS: NIAB TAG at Cereals 2015. Farming in 2020 – are you ready?
- INDUSTRY NEWS: Scientists transfer pathogen-sensing ‘antenna’ gene to wheat
- NEWS: Increasingly diverse UK cereal rust populations need close monitoring, says UKCPVS
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Breaking the yield barrier
09/04/2015 by Jim Orson
" Soon the agricultural magazines will be featuring farmers who are striving for higher wheat yields and even trying to break the UK or world record. This leads to a healthy debate and it is interesting to read the various approaches that they are adopting. For some it is bett... "