The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG sbly results from W.Charleton in Devon, with site mean 8.41t/ha, range 88-111% and Laureate top
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG wwt results from Broughton in Hants, with site mean 12.05t/ha, range 91-109% and Belgrade top
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG sbly results from Broughton in Hants with site mean 9.76 t/ha, range 86-106% with Ovation top
- @NIABTAG: NIAB's Jo Matthews on finding a way through the maize maze in Pembrokeshire Farmer http://t.co/lk6YQMqi5B
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG Morley wwt sand land results out 2day with site mean 11.24 t/ha, range 88-106% and KWS Lili top
- @NIABTAG: NIAB's @basnapier loves his courgettes. Claims he had no part in the making of this - he was just the judge http://t.co/OqNYkmb9H2
- @NIABTAG: Our courgette agronomy event has commenced. Great to see everyone @basnapier http://t.co/fCdSKmreZ2
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson comments on the recently published report on extreme weather and its impact on global crop production http://t.co/KW29Xnjb7Z
- @NIABTAG: Getting ready for tomorrow's NIAB TAG Courgette Agronomy Event - see you there http://t.co/8yiC63FlfI @basnapier http://t.co/zI21J0eecq
- @NIABTAG: Enter the OFC/RASE farm science and innovation award worth £10k http://t.co/Fj8cNUhZiX @oxfordfarming
- @NIABTAG: Welcome to those that braved the weather for our @AHDB_Hort Onion seed (field) Open Day with @basnapier http://t.co/aJYzgrwlxc
News and Events
- OFC NEWS: Applications open for £10,000 OFC/RASE Practice with Science Award
- NEWS: SE Cambridgeshire MP Lucy Frazer tours NIAB’s crop research centre
- BBSRC NEWS: £4.7M for science to benefit British farming
- NEWS: Leading data scientist Professor Mario Caccamo to join NIAB
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
20/08/2015 by Jim Orson
" There was some interesting weather in the UK in July. The 1st was the hottest July day on record and a temperature of only 10C was recorded in Powys on the 31st. However, the extreme event of note for me was the overnight thunderstorm on 16th/17th in Cambridge. Up to that point, ... "