The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Agri-Tech East Pollinator: From Precision Agriculture to Decision Agriculture http://t.co/cmFHT44khi
- @NIABTAG: We're looking for Temporary Field Trials Assistants from end Mar/start Apr until end Aug http://t.co/OAzneNDvMD
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG's Rich Overthrow with @RoyalAgUni's #niabcup Teams A & B checking out the competitions plots http://t.co/JFRfRWWxtF
- @NIABTAG: Welcome to the four @afrdncl student teams entering the NIAB Agronomy Cup this year at our Berwick site. Good luck #niabcup
- @NIABTAG: Network members! Agronomy Update no 12 out today. Winter cereals 1st N&S doses & soil N levels. WOSR CSFB & LLS control.
- @NIABTAG: We'll be at #PF2015 @NewarkShowgrd on 4/3. Come learn about @ARTIStraining & hear what @NIABTAG are doing in the areas of precision farming
- @NIABTAG: Wheat spray timing rethink critical to rust control - Bill Clark talks to Farmers Weekly http://t.co/4947pbKKTI
- @NIABTAG: Work less soil for potato yield benefits & cost savings. Comment from NIAB CUF’s Dr Mark Stalham in Farmers Guardian http://t.co/LoJX7wjuYx
- @NIABTAG: NIAB supporting ‘Low Input Beef, Sheep & Dairy’ event 21-22/04. Hear from IBERS & Pasture for Life @ATP_Pasture http://t.co/2hldSaVfL9
- @NIABTAG: Apply now for the 4th round of the Community Resource for Wheat Transformation funded by @bbsrc http://t.co/3h8c7deCOL.
News and Events
- NEWS: New genomics-driven surveillance to track crop diseases
- RESEARCH: Fourth round of applications for the Community Resource for Wheat Transformation - OPEN
- NEWS: ARTIS launches free course on growing and managing cover crops
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Who’d be a scientist?
18/02/2015 by Jim Orson
" In my previous blog I mentioned that refined sugar does not contain DNA and so sugar from GM sugar beet cannot be anything other than exactly the same as sugar from non-GM sugar beet. Within a couple of days of that blog being uploaded onto the NIAB website the issue of the amoun... "