The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Come learn about NIAB's superwheat @AgriTechEast @norfolkshow Innovation Zone 1-2 July http://t.co/F7KrfGIT9N http://t.co/IQkpRUMQsZ
- @NIABTAG: Looking forward to seeing everyone at our Caythorpe Open Day tomorrow http://t.co/9PKB5NAga6 http://t.co/qcJwZ6udEt
- @NIABTAG: Cambridge Uni Professor Sir David Baulcombe on developing a Cambridge Centre of Crop Science with @NIABTAG #3CS http://t.co/uyBsBpjK48
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Director's Day welcomes Minister of Life Sciences @Freeman_George on championing the biosciences http://t.co/Lulx0X0xWk
- @NIABTAG: Stuart, Richard, Steve, Ron & Nathan at #NIABTAG Sutton Scotney Open Day today; soils, fungicides, vars, cover crops http://t.co/UymIH1LHMF
- @NIABTAG: Our southern region Open Day today at Sutton Scotney from 10.30 - see you there! http://t.co/lU1MGEvGKg
- @NIABTAG: More diversity does not necessarily mean more farmland birds - read Jim Orson's latest blog http://t.co/tBXRcnWtFs http://t.co/YgEM3GeV0c
- @NIABTAG: Sutton Scotney Open Day tomorrow. Registration closes midday today! http://t.co/JOHro0URl2 http://t.co/1JNrWxMKvj
News and Events
- NEWS: £80,000 for Agri-Tech R&D in Cambridge
- COURSE: Fusarium and Mycotoxin Course 6th-11th July
- NEWS: Winter wheat Skyfall and perennial ryegrass AberGreen are NIAB winners
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2015.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
24/06/2015 by Jim Orson
" We have just returned from a holiday in the sub-alpine region of France. There was a lot of nature to observe and this is an opportunity to share our experiences.Let me start with the behaviour of that most interesting species, the human being. We stayed in one hotel for five nig... "