The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Cooler weather & dry soils slowed rolling temp accumulation for sclerotinia 11C threshold. BUT some petal infection @BASFAgro Boxworth site
- @NIABTAG: Despite dry weather, it's surprising we're still seeing slug damage on wwt leaf 6 & 7, particularly on crops after WOSR.
- @NIABTAG: Network members! Agronomy Update email issued today covering wwt T1s, wbly fung & PGRs, blw control, slugs, osr fungs, seed weevils + more
- @NIABTAG: Book now for NIAB TAG's #Black-grass Centre Open Day 4 Jun, tours @ 10am & 1.30pm http://t.co/wb2y1FkjeG
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Hereford has sent through some pix of yellow rust in winter wheat - more unusual in west than in the east http://t.co/OIfGQom1iE
- @NIABTAG: From saturated fats in milk via SMN & wwt yields to mildew control in sbly; Jim warns about jumping to conclusions http://t.co/Gyi5ajmkrq
- @NIABTAG: View across NIAB's demo field to MacLeod Complex glasshouses; disease plots, wwt variety demos and @InnovationFarm1 http://t.co/XC6aZubkC9
- @NIABTAG: AT @rtkfarmer5: @NIABTAG Morley & Cambs team maize trial drilling y'day nr Kings Lynn. accurate @RTKfarming signal. http://t.co/TSCD5nIxYf
- @NIABTAG: Don't forget @niabtag NAC STAR Open Day 6 June http://t.co/6PYWlS0F62. Long-term rotation study, 4 rotations, 4 cultivation systems
- @NIABTAG: Have you booked your place onto the @niabtag NAC Open Days http://t.co/8LHuzxQfoM. More details released later this month
- @NIABTAG: Final 1 from NIAB Morley comparing plots of Grafton (LHS) & SY–111570 http://t.co/uLHatiXU9C
- @NIABTAG: & another from NIAB Morley comparing plots of Gallant (LHS) & LGW65 http://t.co/xnMcMcvR8y
- @NIABTAG: Another from NIAB Morley: LHS Gallant GS31, RHS LGW65 GS30 http://t.co/wCyP7Nzw9T
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Morley (Norfolk) GS pix thanx to Toby: LHS Grafton GS31, RHS SY-111570 GS29-30 http://t.co/q3Ildn34Nb
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Cambridge Open Day 1 July is open to all; vars, pre-breeding, agronomy, pots, @innovationfarm1 & soils http://t.co/VHLHgfGAxV
- @NIABTAG: NIAB CUF Potato Agronomy Unit has a vacancy for a new Field & Laboratory Technician http://t.co/PNplTM5HQ4, closing date 25/4/14
- @NIABTAG: Next deadline for @CWFagri NIAB Agronomy Cup competition is 18 April. Remember to send in your T2 & T3 recs & good luck teams! #niabcup
- @NIABTAG: Final one from NIAB Hereford: Escarde wbly, drilled 1/10/13. GS33 & flag leaf 2.5cm out http://t.co/T52nUtSMMk
- @NIABTAG: Another from NIAB Hereford: Santiago drilled 20/9/13: GS31, 2nd internode 4mm, L3 30% emerged http://t.co/rABWSKnUtf
News and Events
- NIAB Cambridge Open Day - 1st July 2014
- NIAB at the Cambridge Science Festival 2014
- NEWS: Avadex EAMU improves weed control options in spring wheat
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
Jumping to conclusions
17/04/2014 by Jim Orson
" Recently I’ve started to go to the supermarket with my wife where we’ve developed a systematic approach to the food shop. Initially we visit the wine department and then I go off to the cafeteria for an Americano (which used to be ordinary coffee) whilst my wife choos... "