The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle considers the dilemma of when to replace farm machinery when commodity prices are low http://t.co/yaBVSOJdY1
- @NIABTAG: Network Harvest e-newsletter out 2day. WWT update with 25 sites now available. Candidates looking good
- @NIABTAG: Network Agronomy Update out 2day: winter cereal drilling & pre-ems in v dry conditions, OSR weed control, vol cereals & flea beetles & slugs
- @NIABTAG: Welcome to everyone attending our sweetcorn open day today at Cambridge with @basnapier
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle debates why food sales have fallen for the 1st time. Austerity, wages, reduction in food waste? http://t.co/rXwGE4R9rA
- @NIABTAG: The @ARTIStraining 2014/15 Training Course Guide is online http://t.co/mUCsbStaLS or go to http://t.co/PhwQQph38Q for more course info
- @NIABTAG: New @ARTIStraining programme responds to industry demands for skills-based training http://t.co/4HesnkCZH2
- @NIABTAG: RT @rtkfarmer5: @NIABTAG Cambs yesterday evening saw the end of #cerealplotharvest. Just sunflowers and grain maize to go! Well done team.
- @NIABTAG: 2015 #BSPB Forage Maize Descriptive List published today http://t.co/FkXdX24gOG
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle asks whether we would all benefit from more trials..& not just in agriculture http://t.co/tafVr8kgHe
- @NIABTAG: Hi @edwina_mullins. Lydia will be responding as @InnovationFarm1 rather than @NIABTAG for Thursday's #agrichatuk novel crops discussion
- @NIABTAG: Book a place @AgriTechEast's Innovations in Agri-Tech event 4-7pm, 17 Sept, Cambridge with @ProduceWorld & @KisanHub http://t.co/3TJqBat3xu
- @NIABTAG: If you know your social media, r great @ photos & videos & love ag shows we need a comms assistant at NIAB http://t.co/1Y0GIh36Co
News and Events
- ARTIS NEWS: ARTIS responds to industry demands for skills-based training
- NEWS FROM BSPB & NIAB: 2015 Forage Maize Descriptive List published by BSPB
- NEWS: New appointments at NIAB for OSTS Chief Officer and Cereal Pathologist
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
17/09/2014 by Jim Orson
" We have just bought a new toaster. The old one had a broken handle and so it had to go. I could not help but be reminded of the contrast between replacing this slightly faulty toaster with mind-sets when we were first married in the 1970s. Then we would not dream of replacing a p... "