The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: We have 2 vacancies for trials assistants to be based at our glasshouse complex. http://t.co/QDnTvkkAe5
- @NIABTAG: #Agritech business plan competition Grow launched - http://t.co/uZZZAaqCsb @AgriTechEast. Lots of great prizes to be won!
- @NIABTAG: NIAB superwheat expertise to aid India wheat breeding @BBSRC http://t.co/Gk8knH7UFQ http://t.co/PqLvZv7VWK
- @NIABTAG: Book now to secure your place for Outlook Conference 2015 on 18 Feb http://t.co/1mNk9amEpu http://t.co/6hSqrYNrFe
- @NIABTAG: NIABTAG's Dr Mark Stalham to discuss findings from trial work for practical potato production at conference on 3 Dec http://t.co/yqBVChWJug
- @NIABTAG: Thank-you @ADASArable for all the tweets covering #NIABTAG research featured at @AABiologists conference today - great reporting
- @NIABTAG: New Ppd1 NILs, created by @NIABTAG, available for researchers from @JohnInnesCentre Germplasm Resources Unit http://t.co/BAOs554S7g
- @NIABTAG: A busy @AABiologists conference again today with #NIABTAG's Nathan Morris, Ron Stobart & John Cussans all presenting
- @NIABTAG: NIABTAG's John Cussans on how autumn weed control is constrained by ‘spray days’ @AABiologists Crop Production conference
- @NIABTAG: Intro by NIABTAG's Jim Orson @AABiologists Crop Production in Southern Britain Conf 25-26 Nov http://t.co/5srBvx2b8h http://t.co/vUbynINPgm
- @NIABTAG: NIABTAG's Ron Stobart is talking #covercrops at @AABiologists Crop Production in Southern Britain Conf 25-26 Nov http://t.co/FDCnYXilyi
- @NIABTAG: Congrats 2 #forageaid (& NIABTAG Lincs Tech Chairman) @wheat_daddy being awarded his #mbe today at #buckinghampalace. Enjoy your day Andy
- @NIABTAG: Thanks to NIAB TAG Network Chairmen for their time & contributions today on future strategy, trials & new projects http://t.co/1KqYtiQZpR
- @NIABTAG: Spring crops are the silver bullet for controlling grass weeds says John Cussans @BCPC1 http://t.co/qk8uHOFUo0 http://t.co/xjTl5RPrs3
- @NIABTAG: Making money; from coffee & insecticides to market stability thru subsidies - Orson’s Oracle http://t.co/1VkuM0GgA0 http://t.co/9DrPwmIJnA
- @NIABTAG: Network Technical Committee Chairman's meeting today; deciding current & future Network activity & strategy
News and Events
- NEWS: NIAB superwheat expertise to aid India wheat breeding
- UKCPVS NEWS: Early yellow rust expected, but no need to panic
- COMMENT: NIAB warns of further losses of plant protection products
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
How to make money
20/11/2014 by Jim Orson
" In recent years I have pondered that the easiest way to make money must be to rent a shop in Cambridge and populate it with a few tables and chairs and serve good quality coffee. Pricing a cup of coffee would not be a problem; just think of a ridiculous amount and then treble it ... "