The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: 1st prov set of WOSR Network variety trials out today. Cambs site with Charger at 111%, range 85-111% & site mean of 4.32 t.ha
- @NIABTAG: First prov set of Network wbly variety results; Morley site California top @ 106% of standard fung trials, trial mean 9.29 t/ha
- @NIABTAG: Network Agronomy Update out 2day for members: fous on alternatives to neonic seed treatments & additional husbandry advice
- @NIABTAG: NIAB’s contribution to agricultural science 1919-1969; @HPSGlonk's PhD thesis available online http://t.co/UnT8MUPYSX
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle considers the case for pre-harvest glyphosate with a reduction in perennial weed populations http://t.co/5agUYt81kV
- @NIABTAG: Some NIAB superwheat; l-r 2 SHW x's with Robigus, middle ear Robigus, NIAB SHW & final ear is durum component http://t.co/K9WfUV5CHA
- @NIABTAG: Jim's optimistic about his 2014 wwt yield predictions but it's all about the solar radiation http://t.co/nVdoGccwM3
- @NIABTAG: #tourdefrance speeding past @TechCropsLtd & @NIABTAG's Ahi-Flower field in Essex y'day http://t.co/gfPrRVaCwA
- @NIABTAG: Matt Simister @tesco speaking at #NIAB Director's Day on adapting to changing customer requirements http://t.co/o89zKxO4OQ
- @NIABTAG: #niabtag Caythorpe (Lincs) Open Day today from 10.30; varieties, grassweed control, soils, diseases mgt http://t.co/dDJUnsw6eT
- @NIABTAG: Thank-you to everyone who came to our Cambridge Open Day & Science Event y'day. Great turnout. Caythorpe t'row http://t.co/gk8HgF6JLI
- @NIABTAG: Paul Miller & Jim Orson receive #NIAB fellowships at their retirement party last night #fondfarewell http://t.co/ksWCAT3MJW
- @NIABTAG: Simon Kightley talking WOSR varieties at #NIAB Cambridge Open Day http://t.co/p4pKj0wsqx
News and Events
- Third round of applications for the Community Resource for Wheat Transformation - OPEN
- ARTIS NEWS: Get the spade out to identify soil structure problems
- NEWS: Tighter soils with shallow tillage
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Black-grass, the year of the double whammy
22/07/2014 by Jim Orson
" Our garden and allotment are now in full production and currently we do not have to buy any vegetables. This weekend we ate our first tomatoes and the first aubergines are a few days away. We really enjoy gardening but over the years I have often considered whether producing our ... "