The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: RT @RhondaT40: @wheat_daddy talking about the future & challenges in farming @NIABTAG Glocs event http://t.co/HWzkD2VvPF
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle asks what is a legitimate environmental target if arable weeds are a product of modern farming http://t.co/5hso31ZtGk
- @NIABTAG: Our Regional Agronomists are busy with NIAB TAG Network winter conferences for the West and Yorkshire regions today
- @NIABTAG: Remember to book your NIAB National Agronomy Training. Courses in Jan/Feb/Mar with discounts 4 booking be4 31/12/13 http://t.co/4RPl8HezbD
- @NIABTAG: NIAB has a vacancy for a soils and farming systems field technician based at NIAB Morley. For more info go to http://t.co/ABdGEfMYT5
- @NIABTAG: New aerial shots arrivied of NIAB's MacLeod Complex glasshouses & @InnovationFarm1's Sophi Taylor Building http://t.co/t0mBmOv3UD
- @NIABTAG: Thanx 4 the feedback RT @nick_wall45: Great points 4 discussion @NIABTAG winter Conf yesterday on Blackgrass OSR canopy & future fungicides
- @NIABTAG: Thanx for the feedback RT @willwalters88: Had a very informative day at Salisbury Race Course with @NIABTAG and @IPFUK
- @NIABTAG: RT @rtkfarmer5: @NIABTAG Cambridge Haldrup setting up the combine 4 grain maize with a conv header. Worked very well. http://t.co/o6pZ3uumNy
- @NIABTAG: RT @Forestlens: Simon Griffiths of Vaderstad on platform at @NIABTAG's Wessex Conference today. http://t.co/UXHLT9wsao
- @NIABTAG: #niab & @InnovationFarm1 Lydia Smith at @Farm_Innovation t'row on KE & help with diversification for SMEs & #farmbiz http://t.co/WW7goiufU6
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle: the maths behind #blackgrass seed survival http://t.co/4irIrx2e7d
- @NIABTAG: Network Agronomy Update 7 out now; yellow rust reports in Sept sown susceptible wwt. Wait 4 frost or if foci large enough treat
- @NIABTAG: A reminder to book your place at the 2013 CUPGRA Potato Conference on 17/18 Dec in Cambridge http://t.co/SBnBPVqkd0
News and Events
- EVENT: Save the date for the Farming Futures Conference
- EVENT: Book your place on the CUPGRA 2013 Conference
- TRAINING: Book your place on our National Agronomy Training workshops
Support our work
The need for innovation in plant breeding and crop production has never been greater to sustain our growing world. Read more...
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Centre of Excellence for UK Farming
The CEUKF sets out to help UK farmers and the food industry address the challenges of sustainable efficient production. Visit website...
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2013.
What is a legitimate environmental target?
05/12/2013 by Jim Orson
" Professor Seralini is not a household name but he has been in the limelight in the ‘GMO world’ for a few years. He is Professor of Molecular Biology at the University of Caen in France and has been known to be against genetic modification. I’m not sure... "