Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: NIAB CUF Mark Stalham 'delivering change' @AHDB_Potatoes Agronomists' Conference @ 4.25 2day, livestreaming… https://t.co/a66WepIIKR
- @NIABTAG: NEWS: Improve disease control and profitability in 2017 with the new @ARTIStraining variety/fungicide planning tool https://t.co/t6epNh4RSz
- @NIABTAG: Unlocked! A 51m yr old genetic secret to Darwin theory @uniofeastanglia @mcaccamo @EarlhamInst @JohnInnesCentre… https://t.co/xeLqGni3KE
- @NIABTAG: Interested in a career in plant breeding? We have a @BBSRC DTP iCASE PhD with @KWSUKLtd industrial placement… https://t.co/6xgSwVJTJA
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson suggests that the UK may have past its peak wheat production https://t.co/S1ybJEIjnD https://t.co/PAG1qyrkce
- @NIABTAG: #ukcpvs is always checking for new races of UK cereal rusts & mildews. Details on how to send samples:… https://t.co/XC0pehhxRl
- @NIABTAG: Invite for arable farmers: Agrimetrics Workshop on 15/12 at NIAB's Sophi Taylor Building. RSVP asap, spaces limite… https://t.co/Bwt8wlbWuD
News and Events
- NEWS: Biologists unlock 51.7 million-year-old genetic secret to landmark Darwin theory
- NIAB Park Farm redevelopment
- Dr Tina Barsby named winner of The 2016 Farmers Club Cup
- NIAB welcomes Farming Minister George Eustice MP
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
02/12/2016 by Jim Orson
" The Soil Association was making a huge fuss over ‘Peak Oil’ around the new Millennium. Subsequently, new technology has resulted in the fears of an oil shortage evaporating. The reason for highlighting Peak Oil was that the Soil Association appeared to believe that co... "