The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Thanks for the @Artistraining mention @LizGenever & #grazing club. Note: grass diseases & pests on following day http://t.co/AzbfJhjfbH
- @NIABTAG: Find out how to put the theory into practice on a @ARTIStraining #blackgrass mgt course with @niabtag advisors http://t.co/wtH0pyh1zS
- @NIABTAG: Cultural control tips of #blackgrass with @niabtag member Martin Jenkins in @FarmersGuardian http://t.co/yzf6gx4o1B http://t.co/wtH0pyh1zS
- @NIABTAG: A must attend event for UK agriculture; #REAP2014 organised by @AgriTechEast held at our Park Farm site. Book here http://t.co/Z1jir83zcp
- @NIABTAG: Agronomy Update out 2day: OSR disease & weed control + aphids, delayed wwt drilling, grassweed control in wwt & wbly, cereal aphids & wbns
- @NIABTAG: Orson's Oracle asks is responsible pesticide use precautionary or threshold driven? http://t.co/4xzgqY9j80
- @NIABTAG: Our wwt plots are up & away at the @CerealsEvent site (& the WOSR looks cosy under the fleece) http://t.co/bYdj7RcQa3
- @NIABTAG: Network Agronomy Update out 2day: slugs! In OSR phoma, CSFB larvae, charlock, propyzamide. In cereals BYDV, Mn & vol rape & bean control
- @NIABTAG: Good to see you & thank-you! RT @jimblore: Certainly learnt a lot today @NIABTAG Cambridge! Thank you for your time
- @NIABTAG: TESTA course on detecting seed-borne disease in arable crops for seed industry 27-28 Jan @NIABTAG. Book now http://t.co/3HZXkZhiY8
- @NIABTAG: Thank-you! AT @NBGrowers: At @niabtag for Tomato Working Party what a fantastic looking setup #innovation #learning http://t.co/WVsRJuwXgD
- @NIABTAG: New training date! Hants 16/12 Crop Agronomy for Cereals and OSR with @niabtag & @HIAICC Steve Cook. Book here http://t.co/onWyFZrCme
- @NIABTAG: New! Nutrient management in field #vegetables training: 23/1 @NIABTAG Cambridge & 26/2 @HarperAdamsUni. Book here http://t.co/4Xm1BRyyYW
- @NIABTAG: New in! Practical approaches to precision farming 3/12 & 4/2 @ HAU @HarperAdamsUni Ivan Grove & @NIABTAG Neil Watson http://t.co/jztXys9sMC
- @NIABTAG: The essentials of good soil management; @ARTIStraining with @ADASGroup's Paul Newell-Price 19 Nov Lincs. Book here http://t.co/EdjOQfq3xL
- @NIABTAG: #ff to @PVR_org for all things BSPB & plant breeding & @ARTIStraining for all ag & hort training needs inc those you didn't think you needed
News and Events
- COMMENT: NIAB warns of further losses of plant protection products
- NEWS: Biogas forage maize DL issued for 2015
- ARTIS NEWS: ARTIS responds to industry demands for skills-based training
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Precautionary principle cuts both ways
17/10/2014 by Jim Orson
" I had a flu jab recently. The vaccine is to protect against the strains of flu mostly likely to occur this coming winter. It got me thinking about the long standing debate over the last few decades about prophylactic versus rational decision-making for pesticide use. Nobody now s... "