The need for innovation in plant breeding and agronomy has never been greater. With a growing global population agricultural science and technology has a vital role to play in boosting productivity, conserving resources and coping with climate change. A unique national resource, NIAB is well placed to contribute solutions to these challenges. Learn more about NIAB
- @NIABTAG: Full results of the NIAB @CWFonline Agronomy Cup now published #niabcup @poppydep3 & Elwyn Thomas from @RoyalAgUni http://t.co/3UCeX09NMu
- @NIABTAG: We’re hiring! Our latest exciting opportunity is for a Trials Manager to manage our Morley based trials delivery team http://t.co/mAGub3YWZD
- @NIABTAG: Because Jim Orson says so! Read the latest blog http://t.co/b9bjDN3rGO http://t.co/UHBMdWo8Lz
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG’s Bill Clark shares his views on the new Wheat Disease ID free e-learning course http://t.co/DBsiAVDEf9 http://t.co/zBpx2YRrK2
- @NIABTAG: Following plant science panel success. Check out @senseaboutsci live energy Q&A on 22/12 http://t.co/65d9Bi7oII
- @NIABTAG: #niabcup winners @poppydep3 & Elwyn Thomas from @RoyalAgUni with the NIAB @CWFonline Agronomy Cup http://t.co/62CkvstyZS
- @NIABTAG: RT @Jon_Birchall: Probably no surprises here but useful nevertheless http://t.co/rQG2Wo63dq from #niabtag Network trials #blackgrass
- @NIABTAG: Congratulations to @RoyalAgUni's Team B Poppy, Elice, Matt & Elwyn, winners of the 2014 NIAB @CWFagri Agronomy Cup http://t.co/vGAoVg2PJV
- @NIABTAG: RT @ARTIStraining: From your tractor 2 your sofa, ARTIS e-learning gives you total flexibility http://t.co/oO6hb99yVr http://t.co/YHhTS2ZvhK
- @NIABTAG: Congrats to @CWFagri agronomists team, captained by Toby Kellie, coming 2nd in the NIAB Agronomy Cup #niabcup. Winners announced 2morrow
- @NIABTAG: A great day yesterday at #AgConf14. If you didn't make it to our UKCPVS stand, more info here http://t.co/gWYhVnV3AZ http://t.co/ST140v0Rj8
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG’s Bill Clark comments on the importance of fungicide resistance management following Farmers Weekly survey http://t.co/0gQSxxaT0Z
- @NIABTAG: Final two left with second place announced tomorrow and the winners on Thursday #niabcup @CWFagri
- @NIABTAG: We're down to the Top 3 in 2014 NIAB @CWFagri Agronomy Cup. 3rd place goes to @HarperAdamsUni Team A. Congrats to everyone involved
- @NIABTAG: 4th place in NIAB @CWFagri Agronomy Cup goes to @moultoncollege Team A #niabcup. Pic shows Team A & B at Cambridge http://t.co/HWYC6Vid7U
- @NIABTAG: 2013 winners but 5th in the 2014 niab @CWFagri Agronomy Cup - well done @EastonOtley Team A #niabcup http://t.co/SIe9dXVwDY
News and Events
- RAU win Countrywide NIAB Agronomy Cup as the best student wheat growers
- NEWS: New online wheat disease ID training from ARTIS
- NEWS: NIAB superwheat expertise to aid India wheat breeding
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Farming Futures can help you prepare for the impacts of climate change and the opportunities for your business.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2014.
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Because I say so
18/12/2014 by Jim Orson
" Our six week old grandson smiled at us last week. There is always a debate whether a facial expression that looks like a smile from one so young is real but his eyes were also smiling, so it was genuine. Perhaps he was enjoying a quiet time away from his siblings. Communication w... "