Maximise on-farm and supply chain profitability by generating real-time forecasts of how total and graded yield will develop as the season progresses using the online and interactive Potato Yield Modelling service from NIAB Digital.
Designed by NIAB CUF, and successfully used by growers and commercial organisations in five countries to improve crop performance and make more informed supply chain decisions, the service will:
- Forecast total and graded yield up to 10 weeks before harvest
- Benchmark crop performance and canopy development between crops
- Choose the optimal burndown date for desired size grades
How it works
- Available via PC, smartphone or tablet, on the NIAB Digital Potato Crop Management dashboard
- Growers enter key data on their crops, e.g. field location, variety, planting and emergence dates, and weekly measurements of crop ground cover
- These are combined with weather data to estimate total carbohydrate production and partitioning between the crop canopy and tubers
- Yield forecasts, using a combination of graphics and tables, outline expected crop development
- Crops can be compared and reasons for poor crop performance can be understood
Prices start from £20 per hectare.
For more information and to register contact the NIAB-CUF [at] niab.com (NIAB CUF )team (+44 (0) 1223 651599).
Download the information flyer