Fast and easy barley variety identification - online and interactive
barley-id from NIAB is indispensable for anyone involved in the transport, trading, marketing and processing of barley where varietal identity is essential.
Available on subscription and on-line barley-id is a concise interactive programme. It will improve confidence in recognising grain characters that identify a variety and replaces the traditional detailed paper-based identification process.
- Identify barley grain samples quickly and accurately;
- Ensure barley samples are the correct variety before loading or unloading, avoiding costly errors;
- Act as a training tool for staff new to grain identification;
- Provide comprehensive descriptions of over 50 barley varieties grown in the UK and updated annually;
- Allow users to select observable characters to quickly identify a sample.
barley-id is available on annual subscription via www.niab.com/shop.
For further information download our barley-ID flyer or contact:
Claire Carpenter by email or 01223 342353